Astoria Pacific suggests the following sites to learn more about newborn screening programs, disorders and conditions, treatment options, and laboratory proficiency testing.
- Guide to understanding genetic conditions – US National Institutes of Health, US National Library of Medicine – Genetics Home Reference
- Details on newborn screening testing, disorders, conditions, biomarkers and testing algorithms – American College of Medical Genetics & Genomics – Newborn Screening ACT Sheets and Testing Algorithms
- Current policy efforts to enhance and expand newborn screening in the US – US Health Resources & Services Administration, Federal Advisory Committees – Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children (ACHDNC)
- Newborn screening laboratory proficiency and quality control programs – US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Laboratory Quality Assurance and Standardization Programs – Newborn Screening Quality Assurance Programs (NSQAP)
- US national newborn screening resource center – NewSTEPs – A Program of the Association of Public Health Laboratories
- Details on state-specific testing programs in the United States – Baby’s First Test